Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-invasive, exfoliating skin treatment. This treatment helps to restore dry, rough and sun-damaged skin by refining and improving its texture by removing the surface layer of dead skin to stimulate healthy reactions. The result? Healthy, hydrated and glowing skin.
How does it work?
This safe and relaxed treatment is performed at all of our northern suburb clinics by our trained therapists with a wand that unclogs pores by drawing in air when it touches the skin, revealing a refined and smooth skin texture.This safe and relaxed treatment is performed at all of our northern suburb clinics by our trained therapists with a wand that unclogs pores by drawing in air when it touches the skin, revealing a refined and smooth skin texture.
What can Microdermabrasion treat?
This treatment can lighten and reduce;
- Appearance of acne scarring
- Age spots
- Fine lines
- Stretch marks
- Sun-damaged skin
- Excess oil
- Enlarged and open pores
- Blackheads and whiteheads
Before a Microdermabrasion Treatment:
To ensure your skin retains its integrity, please follow all pre-procedural instructions below;
- Do not to use Retin-A, among other exfoliating creams within one to three days or 24 to 72 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid excessive sun tanning for one (1) week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or have recently used Roaccutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel/s or other skin procedure, including collagen injections, are advised to wait for a minimum of two (2) to three (3) weeks before undergoing Microdermabrasion treatments
After a Microdermabrasion Treatment:
To maximise Microdermabrasion recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post- procedural instruction below;
- Always keep post-procedure skin clean and moisturised, keeping the skin moisturised can also minimise peeling on some of the treated areas
- Use a gentle facial cleanser after the treatment
- Avoid scratching or picking treated area/s
- Avoid using products that contain harsh chemicals and do not rub or tan for one (1) week
- Avoid staying under direct sun for at least seven (7) days after the Microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery. It is recommended to use at least an SPF 30 after treatment
- Among the medications that should be avoided for approximately one (1) to two (2) days or 24 to 48 hours post treatment include: glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, in addition to other acne medications
Free No-Obligation Consultation
We provide free, no obligation consultations for all of our skin services at all of our northern suburb clinics. Our professionally trained therapists will assess your skin and help you understand the most suitable ways to achieve the glowing, healthy and radiant skin that you want.
Book your Free Consultation here.
Alternatively, you can contact us here. Our team would love to help you.